Established in 1934 as "SOCIETY CLUB" in the picturesque and idyllic surroundings of Visakhapatnam beach, it later came to be named after its founder IZZAT - ASAR BAEASURYA PRASADA RAO and popularly known as I.B.P. Century Club. On ll lh Aug, 1933 the Club was Registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 Patronised by eminet people like Maharajas and Zamindars of those days (when the Britishers were still ruling our Country) the Club began to flourish and grew by leaps and bounds.
Eminent people from all walks of life including Doctors, Professors, Engineers, Lawyers and Business men enjoy Membership of this prestigious Club. Currently the Club boasts of nearly 1200 Members with Eife, Regular or Honorary Membership. Honourable Ministers of both State and Central, MPs, MLAs, IAS & IPS Officers, Senior Officials of the Government, famous Sports personalities, commandable people of the Society are accorded Honorary Membership of the Club.
Visakhapatnam - the City of Destiny , Steel City takes pride in its unique natural Harbour. Its long Coastal area dotted with beautiful Beaches, Resorts, Star Hotels and spas makes it a dream destination for many Tourists.
I.B.P. Century Club is located in this most beautiful City on its Seashore. Situated in the most ideal neighbourhood, facing the azure Bay of Bengal , the Club is 150 ft. above Sea level and just 100 Meters away from the golden sands of the Beach. The pristine beauty of the Sea and the Shore can be viewed from Centurian Bar and Roof Garden Bar. The Club is in proximity to Star Hotels like "The Gateway Hotel (Taj Group) and the Grand Bay Hotel (Welcom Group).
The Building Complex consists of large halls for sporting activities like Indoor Wooden Shuttle Court, Billiards, Table Tennis, Gymnasium/Health Club, Beauty Parlour, Library, Restaurant, Lounges, Recreation Halls, Bar, Guest Rooms, Roof Garden, Banquet Hall etc.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE CLUB
- To provide sporting, social and literary activities to its Members.
- To perpetuate the names of any patrons of the Club as determined by the governing body with the approval of the Members.
- To diffuse useful information among its Members.
- To do such other things which are incidental to the attainment of the above Objectives.
- To provide an atmosphere of relaxation to its Members an atmosphere of relaxation to unwind after the days long work.
HISTORICAL PLACES/PLACES OF INTEREST
Visakhapatnam abounds in many places of interest. There are many ancient Temples which are Architectual Wonders, places of natural beauty and historical places teeming with relies.
A few of them are listed below:
- Aruku Valley with natural Water Falls .
- Borra Caves .
- Hill Temples.
- Thotla Konda (Buddhist Dynasty).
- Bojjana Konda ( Buddhist Caves ).
- INS Kurusara Musuem.
- Red Forts (Yerramatti Dibbalu).
- The Hill Temple of Lord Narasimha Swamy which is very famous in North Eastern Region.